I joined Beta-I in June of 2015 as Head of MARCOM (marketing & communications) excited at the prospect of being exposed to the start-up world in an organization that has grown at an impressive rate. Nine months later, there’s no baby, but I have accepted a new internal challenge – more on that at a later stage.
I am extremely proud of what the MARCOM team has achieved and I am confident that the next person to head MARCOM will not only grow as a professional but will also have the opportunity to work in a fast and furious environment that pretty much touches every aspect of the ecosystem.
Excited? Me too. So if you think that this is something you’d love to do, send your CV and a brief outline of how you envisage yourself in this role. Don’t underestimate the necessary drive and capacity to play on multiple fronts – Beta-I has 3 main fronts:
- Acceleration with the flagship program Lisbon Challenge, Beta-start and the multiple corporate accelerators such as Deloitte Digital Disruptors and Fidelidade & Fosun’s Protechting.
- Innovation working with powerful brands such as Airbus, Nestlé and Amorim as well as the new LX open data project – Smart Open Lisboa.
- Events with the Lisbon Investment Summit, Fast Track Lisbon, Master Classes and of course alongside some of the key events in Portugal and abroad such as the WebSummit.
Transversely, MARCOM plays an important role in supporting the community, our Alumni and our hub in central Lisbon. So, what are we looking for?
Head of Marketing & Communications
The Head of Marketing & Communications position at Beta-i will be responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of Beta-i’s marketing and communications initiatives.
Reporting directly to the board, their primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations.
The head of MARCOM ensures the organization’s message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet sales objectives.
As a senior-level marketing professional, the Head of MARCOM must be both analytical and creative, and possess extensive knowledge in a variety of disciplines including WordPress.
- Solid analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Startup spirit
- Facilitate growth, sales, and marketing strategies at Beta-i.
- Increase revenue generation.
- Reduce costs.
- Prepare overall marketing strategy.
- Develop programs with quantifiable objectives to measure results.
- Implement and manage marketing budget.
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights.
- Modify or redirect business intelligence strategy.
- Oversee and direct the efforts of the marketing team.
- Develop segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence, prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, promotions, communications and budgets, sales force effectiveness, strategic planning, services units and revenue retention and growth.
- Oversee the development of new products.
- Create product roadmap.
- Develop and measure key metrics around the business including user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and renewal rates.
To apply, please send your CV and brief summary to joinus[AT]beta-i[DOT]pt with the code FB0804 in the subject line. Look forward to hearing from you and have a great week end.