(Almost) everything you need to know
1. What is the deadline for applying?
The Future Grids Track will be open until 1 June 2022.
2. What information do I need to provide in my application?
We ask for information about you, your idea, your team and your company. Don’t hold back, let us know how great you are.
3. What happens once I’ve applied?
4. I don’t live in the US, Spain, Brazil or Portugal. Can I apply?
5. Is there a minimum age?
You must be at least 18 years old to enter Energy Starter.
6. What is the process for applying?
7. What type of solutions are you looking for?
For the Future Grids Track we are looking to work on the future of energy networks and distribution, from production to consumers. Through this track, EDP is leveraging the existing infrastructure with innovative solutions, while looking for new growth adjacent opportunities.
For the Renewables & Green Hydrogen Track EDP is looking for innovative projects in hydrogen, with the aim to reach its targets on renewables and enable the transition in sectors with higher carbon intensity.
For the Client Solutions & Mobility Track, we are looking for new solutions that facilitate the transition to electric mobility and boost the development of distributed generation solutions that will support EDP’s customers in their decarbonization efforts.
8. Who can participate?
9. I have a good business idea – can I participate in Energy Starter?
10. I’m quite an early-stage startup – am I right for Energy Starter?
11. I’ve been in accelerators before and have customers – is this right for me?
12. Do I need to give away equity to participate?
13. Are you asking for exclusivity?
14. Will I need to disclose confidential information about my business?
15. What does the Energy Starter consist of?
workshops, talks and mentoring sessions that will provide you with useful learnings about EDP and enhance your skills. The participating teams will also be invited to join the Innovation Showcase Day event in a knowledge sharing gathering for the community.
16. What are the terms of entry into Energy Starter?
17. Are you offering any travel support or assistance?
18. What do I need to attend in person?
19. What does the Piloting phase of the program involve?
20. Will EDP invest in every company that joins the program?
21. How many startups will be chosen for Energy Starter?
22. What are the upsides of joining Energy Starter?
23. Is Energy Starter like other accelerators?
- Full exposure of your startup to EDP since the application phase;
- Trial your product with EDP;
- Receive mentoring from senior executives.
24. Who is Beta-i? What is their role in this accelerator?
has helped to turn Portugal into one of Europe’s most vibrant innovation hubs. It has grown to become globally based in Lisbon, São Paulo, Brussels and Boston, applying the innovation expertise in over 20 countries and working with international brands to create new solutions for a rapidly changing world.